Serve youth. Build skills. Create opportunity.
BACR seeks service-minded individuals who are able and willing to commit to a full AmeriCorps term (11 months) and are passionate about working with underserved youth and young adults. See below for more information about our programs, BAYAC AmeriCorps and Career Connections AmeriCorps.
AmeriCorps Members serve at their placement sites (at schools and nonprofit agencies in the Bay Area) throughout the week, gaining valuable on-the-job training and experience. On Friday mornings, they meet with their AmeriCorps Supervisor and a team of 20 other AmeriCorps Members doing similar work in nearby communities. These weekly "Team Days" provide Members with training, professional development, community, extra support, resources, and good ol' fun! At the end of the term, Members earn an education award to use for educational costs (e.g. past student loans or future schooling).
- EDUCATION & YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- BAYAC AmeriCorps Members work with elementary, middle school, or high school youth in schools and nonprofit agencies; positions available in youth development, social work, health and gardening education, college and career coaching, tutoring, and after school enrichment .
- The BAYAC AmeriCorps term runs from August 2016 to July 2017 .
- Apply online at bayac.org.
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- Career Connections AmeriCorps (CCA) Members are placed at a local nonprofit agenc ies and trained to p rovide job-skills training and job placement services to underserved youth and young adults, ages 16 -24 , many of whom are foster or probation youth.
- The CCA term runs from October 2016 to August 2017.
- Apply online at cca.bacr.org.
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or a lawful permanent resident of the United States
- At least 17 years old
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) for a full term of service (1700 hours, 11 months)
- Successful completion of TB test and Live Scan/fingerprinting (upon hire)
- $14,700 annual living stipend (paid in increments, on the 7th and 22nd of every month)
- $5,730 education award (which you can use to pay back education loans or pursue future education) upon completion of service term
- Health care benefits through Symetra
- Student loan forbearance for qualifying loans (and accrued interest repayment on qualifying forborne loans upon completion of term)
- Childcare assistance (if eligible)
- Professional development and training
- Complete an online application (bayac.org or cca.bacr.org). Set aside approximately 20 minutes to answer application questions. Prepare to provide a resume and two professional references.
- Hiring will take place on a rolling basis. Once you submit your application, BAYAC or CCA staff will contact you , and together you will determine which service sites may be a good match for you.
For More Information