West County First Five Center
The West County First 5 Center offers free programs that help parents/caregivers nurture and support their children so they grow up healthy, happy, and learning. Our programs focus on parent education, early learning & literacy, school readiness, and increasing awareness of community resources. Classes are for children ages 0 -5 and their parents/caregivers to participate in together. For parenting classes, we offer free childcare.
Our programs address the following goals:
- To support attachment and bonding between parent/caregiver and child.
- To increase child development awareness for the parent/caregiver so that parents/caregivers have a more informed understanding of children’s nature, and can respond accordingly.
- To provide fun and practical activities & concepts that the parents/caregivers can incorporate into their daily routines with their children.
- To encourage parents/caregivers to follow their child’s lead in their self-expression, and observe their child to learn about their interests, needs, and what makes them unique!
- To provide an environment that stimulates creativity and learning in children, as well as building community for children and adults alike.
- To link families with support services through our Community Resource Specialist.
All classes are provided at no cost, and are for residents of West Contra Costa with children between the ages of 0-5 years, as well as expecting mothers. Spanish translation is available for most classes. Classes meet once a week, and run between 4-10 weeks. Most classes are one hour in length. Please call us for the latest class schedule, or go to www.first5coco.org.
The West County First 5 Center’s main site is located at 2707 Dover Ave, San Pablo, CA, 94806. The satellite site is located at 317 11th Street, Richmond, CA, 94801.
To sign up for a class, please call (510) 232-5650.
Click on these links to learn more about First 5 Centers